Saturday, April 9, 2016

I Radiate

Cranial drain
the fluids from my brain

Sop it up with a piece of stale bread

            Can you taste my dance of medical
            tests, florescent lit and dizzying?

            Can you taste my mouth
            when they call to say
            nodule in lung in breast in skull

I seep open
I mourn

Go ahead, expose me
Tear me open
Rip off this flimsy paper gown that
shrouds me like the ghost   I am
floating through hospital corridors
through chambers with automatic
doors that open and close on whim
on gurneys that always smell
the same

Go ahead, drain me
I’ll radiate I’ll radiate
I radiate
I shine I shine from that hole
they burrowed in my belly
I shine so damn bright the hospital
staff can barely see me

I seep open
I disappear
I radiate

I radiate

No comments:

Post a Comment