Saturday, June 23, 2012

Momentum

I’ll read your eloquent words over and over
as if I can see the elusive corners of your mind
you tell me that time doesn’t exist 
or that we do not exist within time -
but, its 12:53am
and when we pirouetted in the darkness of your room
it was 1:23am
and you counted the hours we shared - 
5
you tell me that time doesn’t exist 
then why do I need to
      slow
      it
      down?
I live in a world of constant motion 
wrapped up in the earth’s spin
I live in a world of “productivity is key”
and “be here on time”
where quicker is better; where faster is the norm
but in the moment,
inertia
perpetuating motion
of something so real - and raw, taking root
no compromise -
but darling, the things I’d do for those eyes…
I’ve existed for nineteen years, one month, nine days, one hour, and a few minutes after that
encountered the pain
made the mistakes
I made the choices 
the ones that I thought were the best at the time
but my impatience stems from being tempted by the apple - 
which is a funny metaphor
because apples are my least favorite fruit
but are beautiful 
on the inside and out
  and if you cut them just right,
  they form a heart in the middle.
sharing moments and
sharing words and
stealing kisses
doesn’t have to be defined
    not in space
    nor time
if we simply exist
  why can’t we exist together?
  - separately
but nonetheless intertwined
you do deserve me at my best,
there’s no doubting that.
and I’m getting there - 
the resentment stemmed from suppression
simple solution - let go
it was that easy all along
 simply needed the inertia
 the momentum
 to get to the realization
all I know is that
your mind
[what I’ve seen so far]
is a beautiful thing
and I’d like to be by your side
       - but I know that you’ll simply tell me “in due time”  

No comments:

Post a Comment